Last Chance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Chance

Last Chance OT 8.1

HomePortailLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More indepth, hidden quests

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lone Wolf

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-03

More indepth, hidden quests Empty
PostSubject: More indepth, hidden quests   More indepth, hidden quests Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2008, 08:24

I feel like, this server is so much just buy runes, go hunt, sell loot, buy more runes, go hunt, PK someone every now and then, go train for a bit, and repeat. Especially with NPCs like Djinn Shop, Armor Shop, Weapon Shop. And, teleporters to both quests AND hunting grounds I feel, really kill the RPG. Also, the fact that there is no trade market, it is just sell to NPC for the money they give you and go about your business. So, in an attempt to instill a slightly more RPG feel, I think we should have some hidden quests, and maybe even hidden hunting grounds.

Maybe even highly interactive quests. Go find a pickaxe or a shovel, open a hole, jump down and venture through a mysterious cave full of strange monsters that have never seen the suface and never been encountered by mortals who lived to tell the tale. Venture down the dark corridors, littered with dead corpses of fallen travelers. At the end of the tunnel, you meet the Champion. The only person to ever go through the hellish dungeon and survive. If you wish to escape, you must kill him. After you kill him, he drops a key that opens a room which he uses to study, filled with books, potions, and various spell items(RPG, eh?)In the far end of the room, you find a teleporter which brings you back to the surface, where you tell stories of unbelieveable horrors and heroic combat!

Sometimes, the best way to go about a quest is not through power, but the power of the mind. An NPC has important information about a treasure buried deep beneath the Earth. But, he has errands to run, and no time to talk. So you offer to do his errands for him in exchange for information. You go, get him some minotaur leathers, or some alcohol, or dragon ham, or whatever he needs! Then, being an ungrateful jerk, all he does is redirect you to another NPC to get actual information. So you go and find the next NPC, and ask him about the treasure. But, he does not feel you are worthy. So to prove your worth, you must bring him 25 creature items(demon horns, giant spider silks, whatever). Once you bring him the items to prove your worthy-ness, he directs you to a third NPC. This NPC, seems like he is a no-strings-attached kind of guy. He gives you the key, without a problem. But, that is it. He gives you no information on the location, no indication of what to be prepared for, or how to get there. So now, you must venture around, maybe even use teamwork, and find the door, and collect your reward.

I know they seem very complicated, and maybe even impossible to make, but they are just examples of how the server can really improve. Hope you guys like my idea.
Back to top Go down
Production

Number of posts : 12
Character Name: : Production
Level: : 225. Befor character reset 200 ms after
Vocation: : Elite Knight
Registration date : 2008-05-06

More indepth, hidden quests Empty
PostSubject: well.   More indepth, hidden quests Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2008, 09:43

after that i think i need to get myself a beer O.o
Back to top Go down

More indepth, hidden quests
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Chance :: Last Chance 8.11 :: Proposals-
Jump to: